In case you haven’t noticed, many of the recipes I blog on are ones I want to be able to find for my own use.
These are a delicious snack, great for soothing any chocolate cravings you may have and of course, I have adapted it below to make applicable if you are on the GAPS Protocol.
Raw Peppermint Brownie Butter Bites
- 1/2 cup Almond flour or 1/4 cup coconut flour (I suggest a reduced amount on the coconut flour as it is denser)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter – melted (increase by 2 TBS if using 1/2 c coconut flour)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup honey – one may use maple syrup if not on GAPS
- 2 drops Young Living Peppermint oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flake – optional
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
If still soft, place in refrigerator until firm. Roll into 1″ balls. Coat in coconut flake if desired.
Makes about 3 dozen. Note: for dairy free option use coconut oil.